Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Feb 2010...1 month to the BIG DAY!

Lets see, what happened in Feb 2010.

My entry on the 1st of Feb 2010 in my diary organizer was:

1- Finish up scrap book - This was a gift which I did for my housemate Ice as a parting away momento. She had kindly welcomed me to stay with her ever since I arrive in Singapore up to the day Zu and I tied the knot in March 2010. 
2-Scan pictures - Compiled into the scrapbook
3-Buy collagen drink!

With the wedding only about a month away, I began to make preparations for myself for the big day, though not as much as a normal malay bride usually would. I was too busy and preoccupied with work and all the planning that I had taken short cuts when it comes to beautifying myself (hence the collagen drink) on the weeks leading up to the big day. A normal malay bride would have started on a few months-long of traditional beauty regime before the big day, but I couldn't afford to be a normal bride as I had rushed around most of the time and was in KL almost every weekend. Which is why I was very touched when Ice kindly arrange for a masseuse to come to the house for a few hours of pampering session. God bless her kind soul :)

Myself and Ice lazing on a Parisian lawn back in 2008

Posing for the camera at the top of Eiffel Tower

Ice had also cleverly arranged for a hen night for me with some of my dearest friends, and even those whom I had not seen in a while came to the party. After I successfully squeezed into Ice's skimpy glittery outfit donned with a feather boa, I headed out for a night of girly fun, and left behind all wedding-planning-woes, flower arrangements, guest list and all worries at the club's entrance. 


Despite having every second of my life overtaken by all-things-wedding, somehow at the back of my head I contemplated whether I was ready enough to be a wife. Was I emotionally and spiritually fit to handle the challenges that lies ahead? I've always marvelled at the devotion of some doting wives providing abundance of love and encouragement for everyone in the family and their patience to deal with every member of the family. 

I didn't have the answer then, and I still do not have the answer now. I guess, now after being married for about 9 months, I still consider myself a young wife and am still trying every single day to be a better wife, daughter, sister, friend, and person. Even though now my worries aren't as much as before, I guess they will always be there to keep me on my toes at all times, in my pursuit to be a better version of myself everyday.

Speaking of a better version, I came across a saying a few weeks back:

"Smile and be the best version of yourself" (I wish I can remember where I picked this up from!)

1 comment:

Murshidah said...

Smile and be the best version of yourself! Excellent quote and a wonderful reminder. We can only be the best of who we are.

I am sure you try your best to be the loving daughter, wife, sister and friend that you can be, dear. Sometimes I also wonder whether I really appreciate the ones who love me but I guess when we forget, we just have to remind ourselves again and again.

You are such a positive person and I am inspired by your kindness and humble nature. Stay blessed, dear.

Love
Shidah